Scroll Down for More News
- The GACA Today!
- GACA Summer Clinic
- JOBS LISTINGS area opens
- North South All Star Basketball Game - Replays
- Participant Accident Insurance Notice
Coach Chunk Reid
- Since 1970 Chunk Reid is the only Girls Basketball Coach Vidalia High School has ever needed.
- All Time Winningest Girls Basketball in State of Georgia with a Record of 881-382 (70%)
- In 47 Years he has had only 8 losing seasons
- 25 seasons with 20 or more wins
- 11 Region Titles
- His teams have played in two Final Fours and finished as State Runner-up in 2010
- Played in 33 State Tournaments (lost to eventual State Champion on 7 occasions)
- Last 9 years his teams are 208-56 (23-6 this year)
New Membership Option Announced for Retired Coaches
GACA announced a new $30.00 dues offer to all Retired Coaches. We
know that many of you would like to stay involved with our association.
By becoming a member you can join us at our summer conference/retreat at Sea
Palms Resort on St. Simons Island June 29-July 1.
Our room rates for the conference are $119.00 + tax. Plus, during the year we will have golf outings you can
attend and also admission to All- Star games.
Please join and keep the GACA the best coaches organization in America. If
you have any ideas for activities please let us know.
Don’t forget, there is a time limit for getting in forms for Region, State and Milestone plaques and certificates.
You only have 30 days to get your info in after your team completes their season.
HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES FOR 2016
The Georgia Athletic Coaches Association is proud to announce the names of
the five new inductees for our Hall of Fame.
Basketball- Don Richardson and Manson Hill
Football- Ed Pilcher
and Jimmy Dorsey
The induction weekend is June 2-3, 2017 at the Northwest Trade Center in
GACA MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL
Thank you for all who took advantage of the early bird special. If you haven’t received your membership card, it is being processed and will be to you soon.
If you have not joined yet, now is the time. Your membership is only $60. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
THE GEORGIA ATHLETIC COACHES ASSOCIATION SUMMER CONFERENCE
SEA PALMS RESORT, ST. SIMONS ISLAND, GEORGIA
JUNE 29-JULY 1, 2017
ALL-STAR GAMES FOR SOCCER, VOLLEYBALL, LACROSSE
LECTURES FOR FOOTBALL, BASKETBALL, CHEERLEADING, SOCCER, VOLLEYBALL, LACROSSE
GACA has launched a new website with a much improved JOBS LISTING area for our coaches. Any listing you may have had on the old site is no longer active. It is a simple procedure to get your listings back on the site.
1) Go to our new JOBS LISTING page by clicking HERE.
2) Create your own username and password so you will be in total control of the listings for your school. You will be able to edit, delete and add at any time.
3) Fill out the appropriate information on the form and SUBMIT
4) Once your submission has been approved, it will automatically appear on the site and you will receive notification of its approval.
5) All coaches interested in the position will be able to respond directly to you, they will be able to upload resumes and photos as well. This will hopefully help you in making decisions quickly and easily.
All State and All Star Teams Announced by GACA.
LOCATION OF ALL GAMES: Brunswick High School, 3885 Altama Ave, Brunswick, GA 31520 DATE OF GAMES: April 1, 2017
GIRLS REPORT TO: Hampton Inn & Suites, 128 Venture Drive, Brunswick, GA 31525 912-261-0939
BOYS REPORT TO: Courtyard Marriott, 580 Millennium Blvd., Brunswick, GA 31525 912-265-2644
ALL-STAR JUNIOR GIRLS GAME STARTS: 11:00 AM
ALL-STAR SENIOR GIRLS GAME STARTS: 1:00 PM
ALL-STAR JUNIOR BOYS GAME STARTS: 3:00 PM
ALL-STAR SENIOR BOYS GAME STARTS: 5:00 PM
Proud to present our 2017 All Star Basketball Head Coaches
North Senior Girls- Angie Hembree- Norcross
North Junior Girls- Brenda Hill-Gilmore- Gainesville
South Senior Girls- Earl Brown – Fitzgerald HS
South Junior Girls- Mandy Lingenfelter- Ware County
North Senior Boys- Rick Rasmussen- Newton HIgh School
North Junior Boys- Todd Cottrell- Lakeview Academy
South Senior Boys- Vince Rosser- Henry County HS
South Junior Boys- Bakari Bryant- Jenkins HS, Savannah
If you are having a camp(s) this year, it is very IMPORTANT to read this notification: