||Teacher, High School Curriculum/ Head Girls Basketball Coach Kendrick High School
||Teacher Salary Schedule
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Facilitate student success in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing state and district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
|1. Educational Level:
||Bachelor Degree in job related field
||Valid Georgia Teacher certification or eligibility for GA certification
Coaching- Two or more years of experience coaching Basketball for grades 6-12 is preferred
|4. Physical Activities:
||Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
|5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
||Written and oral communication; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners; student management
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress.
- Adheres to local school procedures and regulations in a supportive manner; demonstrates loyalty to the school and its leadership; avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale; works cooperatively with colleagues and the community; promotes a positive school environment that enhances student learning; helps maintain a positive and cooperative climate.
- Assesses student needs, progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents, and various community agencies.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments to provide effective school program and address needs of individual students.
- Exhibits professionalism in all job related situations; follows professional ethics in all work related activities.
- Provides instruction that is appropriate; communicates responsibly with all individuals and groups; assumes a fair share of outside-the-classroom school responsibilities; maintains plans according to policies and/or directives; promotes the responsible use of materials and equipment; submits accurate paperwork on schedule; prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent.
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality; directs the conduct of students in accordance with policies at all times; takes all reasonable measures to protect students’ health and safety.
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Meets certification and accreditation standards.
- Seeks to improve through professional development and evaluation activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Contact Dr. Alonzo James Principal (706-527-9694) James.Alonzo.B@muscogee.k12.ga.us