Website Tallulah Falls School
Tallulah Falls School is seeking an Assistant Girls Basketball Coach with the expertise and passion to enhance a culture of great character, highly competent skill execution and competitive performance leading to seasons of significance. The ideal candidate will be an esteemed and organized mentor who commands respect, confidentiality, sees the big picture and sets inspiring standards to further our desire to demonstrate the high ideals of education-based athletics as instrumental in school pride, student development and team success.
· Knowing and following GHSA rules and regulations and TFS standards of excellence.
· Understand the proper administrative chain of command and refers to all student/parent requests or grievances through the proper channels.
· Conduct all practices, games and other events with appropriate safety, adolescent growth and development and emergency management standards.
· Dress and represent in a professional manner.
· Assist and support the head coach, the athletic program, and TFS policies and culture.
· Assist and promote the team in and out of season, with appropriate skill and/or conditioning allowed per GHSA rules.
· Fulfill the roles and duties assigned by the Head Coach.
· Assist the head coach in implementing practices/drills that are appropriate for the sport in conditioning and skill work.
· Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of specific sporting equipment.
· Secure all doors, lights, windows, and locks when finished with practices, games, and events.
· Ensure all athletes are picked up by the appropriate person.
· Ensure proper supervision of athletes.
· Upgrading his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observation consultation, etc.
· Perform other such duties that are consistent with the nature of the position and that may be requested by the head coach.
Requirements & Qualifications
● Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is preferred.
● Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
● Maintain a high degree of ethical professionalism.
● Understand and value private education, day and boarding student life and academic and athletic balance.
● Inspire through positive discipline, goal setting and encouragement.
● Excellent organizational and communication skills.
● Model sportsmanship and maintain professional conduct toward players, officials, parents, and spectators.
● Adhere to and enforce all school policies.
Standard Physical Requirements:
● Must be able to sit and/or stand for an extended period of time.
● Must be able to bend, reach, lift and climb.
● Must be able to understand written and verbal instructions.
● Must be able to lift, carry, move and handle equipment, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
● Must be able to communicate and respond to questions from various levels both within and outside the organization.
● Must have manual dexterity sufficient to perform specified duties.
In addition to completing the employment application, interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to Athletic Director, Scott Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. The employment application can be found here- https://www.tallulahfalls.org/about/employment-opportunities.cms
Tallulah Falls School is an equal opportunity employer.
All job applicants at TFS will undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment. Any applicant with a confirmed positive test result will be denied employment. Applicants will be required to submit to a specimen test at a laboratory selected by Tallulah Falls School and sign a consent agreement to release TFS from liability.