(All teaching positions will be considered)
The head coach actively and intentionally uses their sport to further the mission of the school. The head coach is
the primary ambassador of their sport in the Wesleyan community. They set the vision and expectations for the
overall program and are most responsible for developing the students and coaches in their program. The head
coach reports directly to the director of athletics.
• Set the vision and develop expectations to manage all levels of the program (K-12).
• Coordinate scheduling for games, practices, officials, and transportation for all levels of the
program, including middle school and high school.
• Maintain the highest personal standards of conduct that reflect favorably on Wesleyan and our
programs, seeking to further the mission of the school.
• Demonstrate a passion for your sport as evidenced by knowledge and implementation of “best
practices” along with consistent and intentional professional development.
• Supervise and support student academic and behavior performance in the classroom.
• Understand and implement GHSA guidelines as they relate to your sport (eligibility, sportsmanship,
safety, and other policies).
• Practice good stewardship of school resources, including uniforms, facilities, and budgets.
• Recruit, evaluate, and develop assistant coaches.
• Assist students and families who desire to participate at the college level with recruiting.
• Actively support the entire athletic program and encourage multi-sport participation.
• Follow guidelines for head coaches in the Wesleyan Athletic Handbook.
• A strong grounding in the Christian faith and solid understanding of the role of athletics within the
school, particularly as it relates to the Christian mission of the school.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to interact successfully
with students, parents, and faculty.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage all levels of the program.
• Previous head coaching experience preferred.