Wayne County HS
Position: Head Football Coach / Assistant Athletic Director
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate or Equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience as an assistant or head football coach at the high school level preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, other school staff, associated colleagues, community members, parents, and students.
The Head Football Coach is responsible for initiating various aspects of the Football Program, such as recruiting within the school, scheduling opponents, training, and coaching team members. The Head Football Coach is required to abide by GHSA rules and regulations as well as the rules and regulations set by the Wayne County School System.
The Assistant Athletic Director will assist the Athletic Director by providing administrative support for the planning, direction, implementation, supervision, and assessment of interscholastic programs at Wayne County High School and in the Wayne County School District. The Assistant Athletic Director will understand and embrace the mission, vision, and beliefs of the Wayne County School District, possess superior character and integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Support mission, vision, and beliefs of the Wayne County School District.
- Provide positive learning environment for all students.
- Model appropriate professional behavior.
- Work with teachers, athletic director, and administration in problems of discipline concerning participants. Follow and enforce regulations concerning student conduct, discipline and attendance.
- Recruit within school, train, and coach the members of the Football Program.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the Football Program.
- Assess players’ skills and assign team positions.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practices activities/exercises.
- Determine game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Maintain and secure all football equipment, uniforms, and facilities.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Hold a preseason meeting with all student-athletes and parents before the first official game.
- Promote parent and community engagement by positive communication and visibility at all levels of the program and in the community.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Represent the Wayne County School District and the Football program in a professional manner.
- Model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attend staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance as approved by Athletic Director and/or school administration.
- Assist in maintenance and upkeep of athletic facilities, equipment, and other assigned areas.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.
Supervision Exercised: Assistant Coaches and other Athletics Personnel
Supervision Received: Athletic Director / Principal / District Administration
Effective Date: TBD
Salary and Contract: 230-day contract.
Salary commensurate with certification, experience and
Application: Letter of Interest and resumes must be submitted to: Dr. Brian Simon, COO/Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
Application Deadline: Until Filled