Website Bulloch Academy
Bulloch Academy Athletic Director Position Announcement
2022-2023 School Year
Position Title: Athletic Director
Classification: Certified Full Time Exempt
Contract Period: 210 days
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience
The primary function is to provide leadership in the development, organization, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the athletic programs. The Athletic Director works collaboratively to lead members of the staff and communicate effectively with students, parents, members of the community, and colleagues within Bulloch Academy as well as other districts. Inherent in the position are responsibilities for planning, curriculum development, program evaluation, and personnel and financial management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the congruence between the athletic department and the overall school mission.
- Works with the school’s administrative team to define, develop, and shape the school’s athletic strategic vision.
- Collaborate with the Head of School and administrative team to recruit, evaluate and hire faculty/coaches who will enrich the athletic program at Bulloch Academy.
- Develop, organize, supervise and evaluate all aspects of interscholastic athletics for the entire school.
- Ensure that all players, coaches, and spectators adhere to the highest level of ethics and sportsmanship.
- Schedule all athletic events, coordinate practice schedules, arrange for transportation, hire all game officials, and attend or enlist a school representative to attend all home games.
- Develop home game day protocols, staffing, clean up, etc.
- Approve and facilitate travel plans for all away athletic events.
- Work with the athletic trainer to ensure safe protocols are in place for student athletes.
- Oversee the distribution, collection, storage, cleaning, and repair of all school athletic uniforms and team equipment.
- Manage budget requests from coaches and maintain expenditures within the athletic budget.
- Work with the Head of School and Director of Finance to develop the yearly athletic budget.
- Serve as the administrative liaison with the Booster Club and keep a list of prioritized needs for the athletic department for each sport.
- Organize concessions through Boosters, outside vendors, parents, etc. for home events.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the NCAA Clearinghouse and athletic eligibility requirements.
- Verify student athletes are academically eligible with administration and with the head coach to make sure that every athlete is in accordance with GISA rules such as physicals, insurance and parental permission
- Ensure compliance with conference rules and regulations.
- Represent the school at various state, regional, and athletic conference associations.
- Ensure that all athletic training best practices are strictly adhered to including, but not limited to, all current protocols associated with concussions.
- Ensure the optimal condition and safety of all athletic facilities, fields, and courts in collaboration with the Director of Facilities.
- Ensure that all coaching positions are filled with competent and properly trained coaches who embrace the mission of Bulloch Academy.
- Supervise, mentor, manage and conduct yearly end of season evaluations on all coaches in the performance of their duties to ensure the highest level of professionalism.
- Additional mentoring may be required of young coaches and coaches new to BA to make them a successful part of the BA coaching team.
- Ensure all coaches and athletic volunteers have complied with all pre-employment or pre-participation screening procedures, in accordance with School policies.
- Work closely with and supervise the Assistant Athletic Director and part time Athletic Secretary.
- Obtain or possess a CDL license and work toward all head coaches securing a CDL.
- Maintain reliable sports results.
- Maintain a record of the team and individual athletic accomplishments.
- Lead, organized, and schedule the Athletic Hall of Fame committee meetings and the Hall of Fame event.
- Develop and manage the master athletic calendar.
- Manage/oversee the athletic social media accounts
- Support the public relations director with effective communication in keeping the Athletics pages on the website up-to-date and promoting BA Athletics hires and achievements in the local press.
- Review and revise the coaches’ manual annually.
- Comply with all rules and regulations established as school policy.
- Perform all other duties appropriate to employment as determined by the Head of School or Assistant Head of School.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Qualifications include:
- Prior experience as an Athletic Director preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic administration, physical education, or a related discipline.
- Minimum three years of teaching experience in physical education and/or coaching.
- Successful track record working with student-athletes, preferably in an independent school setting.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a professional and empathetic approach toward all stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills. Detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively.
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working in an academic atmosphere.
Supervision: All Coaches for Elementary, Middle and High School Sports.