Website Harrison High School
Manages all aspects of boys basketball program and works collaboratively with girls basketball coaches to unify school’s overall basketball program; abides by rules and regulations of Cobb County School District and Georgia High School Association.
1. Educational Level: Bachelor Degree required
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate
3. Experience: Prefer successful classroom and/or coaching experience
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities, required to sit, walk, and stand for extended length of time; must be able to bend at the trunk, squat, stoop, kneel, and reach; must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; must be able to see objects at a distance; must be able to hear
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication, leadership, organization
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Teaches techniques and elements of play for boy basketball program.
3. Teaches persistence, desire to win, teamwork, and cooperation.
4. Enforces standards for discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards.
5. Abides by the CCSD and GHSA rules and regulations set forth for athletics.
6. Supervises assistant coaches in boys basketball program.
7. Ensures care, maintenance, and storage of athletic equipment.
8. Ensures that student athletes have written parental permission, insurance coverage, and physical examinations.
9. Emphasizes student safety in all aspects of the sport.
10. Supervises locker rooms before, during and after practices and games.
11. Ensures transportation arrangements to and from athletic events, according to CCSD procedures.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director, Chief Leadership and Learning Officer and Superintendent.
ESTIMATED START DATE: June 1, 2019