Website Ware County High School
Job Vacancy Notice
Ware County Schools
1301 Bailey Street
Waycross, GA 31501
Date of Notice: March 15, 2019
Position: Head High School Varsity Football Coach/ Health & PE or other Subjects
Ware County High School (Waycross, Ga.) is seeking applicants for the position of Head Varsity Football Coach. The Head Football coach will oversee all operations of the football program at the high school and two middle schools.
Potential Candidates must master and excel in the following areas:
1. A GA PSC teaching certificate is required.
2. A comprehensive 12-month plan for the Ware County High School Football Program.
3. Must have a plan of fundraising which will help sustain the program financially.
4. A strong disciplinarian and be able to maintain classroom accountability.
5. The ability to build a well-rounded and respectable student athlete.
6. The ability to build and cultivate positive relationships within the community, volunteers and Booster Club Members.
7. The ability to build relationships with current players and returning assistant coaches.
8. The ability to create, implement and successfully execute daily practice plans.
9. The ability to create, implement and successfully execute weekly game plans.
10. The ability to successfully expose the student athletes to opportunities to play at the next level.
11. All candidates must have previous Head Coaching or Coordinator experience
12. All candidates must have previous playoff experience as a Varsity Head Coach or Coordinator.
13. All candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
14. All candidates must be considered reliable and dependable.
15. Must be on board with existing athletic procedures and policies.
16. Must be willing and able to work with other programs.
17. Must have knowledge and understanding of the (GHSA) Georgia High School Association By-Laws and Constitution.
18. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Application Procedures: Please email cover letter, resume and 2 letters of recommendation to: David Shields, Athletic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must apply online at www.teachgeorgia.org
Start Date will be immediately.
Salary: Salary determined by qualifications and years of experience
It is the policy of the Ware County Board of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, native language, religion, creed, or handicap in educational programs and activities, admission to facilities, or employment practices.