Fitzgerald High School
FHS HEAD COMPETITION CHEER COACH 2019-2020
Contact: Athletic Director, @ email@example.com
Fitzgerald High School has an opening for a Head Competition Cheer Coach beginning for the 2019-2020 School Year. Previous Head Coaching experience is preferred but not required. Applicant should be well versed in fundamentals, program building, and the managerial/administrative aspects of running a successful and competitive High School Competition Cheer program. Head Coach has autonomy over Competition Cheer program.
FHS has a long history of success in Competition Cheer. Since its inception in 1996, the program has produced a state championship, a GA Cheerleader of the year, three additional All-State Cheerleaders, and multiple region championships in addition to currently holding the region title for 17 consecutive years.
The Head Competition Cheer Coach will report to the Athletic Director and Principal.
ALL applicants must have a valid Georgia Teaching Certificate. Bachelor’s Degree or Higher required. Classroom teaching assignment will be based on qualifications and needs of school district.
Applicant should be willing to coach 2nd sport.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the competitive cheerleading coach is to promote, build, and maintain a competitive cheerleading program which is consistent in achieving success during the regular season, along with at region and state levels. The coach will also follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Athletic Department Handbook for Fitzgerald High School.
1. Follows and abides by all GHSA rules regarding Cheerleading.
2. Follows and maintains knowledge of all County, School, and Department Policies.
3. Follows and abides by NFHS regulations for heat illness and concussions.
4. Ensures that only approved/certified coaches are present at team activities.
5. Plans and communicates to assistant coaches practice sessions and game strategies which ensure the health and physical well-being of the student athletes.
6. Develops, communicates and maintains a regular schedule of practices and games in coordination with the Athletic Director.
7. Consults with Athletic Director on all off-season training programs.
8. Keeps and submits up-to-date & accurate rosters at any time the rosters change.
9. Communicates with Athletic Director and Trainer on all athlete injuries.
10. Adheres to all financial policies of the County, School, and Athletic Department.
11. Manages all fundraisers, deposits, distribution of funds and athlete purchases through the Fitzgerald High School Athletic Director & Bookkeeper.
12. Continuation of kids cheer camp.
13. Maintains current equipment/uniform inventory and annually recommends purchases of such to the Athletic Director.
14. Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms.
15. Provides for the orderly distribution and collection of uniforms and equipment.
16. Assures that all student athletes are in compliance with all FHS and GHSA requirements including current athletic physicals, Code of Conduct, fees paid, and is academically eligible prior to practice, tryout, and competition.
17. Ensures all required forms are collected and filled out completely in regards to insurance, permission, and all other Athletic Department forms.
18. Models and instills the values of sportsmanship and fair play to all participants and enforces consequences for breach of such standards.
19. Assists in the selection and evaluation of assistant coaches.
20. Assigns duties to all assistant coaches under his/her jurisdiction.
21. Checks and secures all office, storage, doors, locker rooms, and all lights after the last player leaves.
22. Develops, maintains, and gives to athletes/parents a set of team rules/expectations.
23. Enforces Discipline and Sportsmanship.
24. Conducts a mandatory preseason parent meeting.
25. Maintains individual and team records and statics for yearly reporting to the athletic director.
26. Plans and implements a season awards recognition program or banquet through the athletic office.
27. Engages in personal professional development activities.
28. Works alongside and guides the direction of the Booster Club to support the needs of the program and athletes.
29. Arranges transportation, through the transportation department.
30. Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, and fellow coaches; as well as officials, to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
31. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
32. Maintains a safe environment and facilities for students and athletes.
33. Ensures that medical and safety requirements are adhered to.
34. Monitors proper supervision at all times of student athletes at practices, games, and while on school provided transportation (i.e. coaches are required to ride the bus)
35. Implements programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals through progressions and proper conditioning for all levels of the program.
36. Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
*** This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.